Staten Island Web logo

Hi Gary,
Welcome to our lovely island home. (Now your lovely island home.) There are a lot of things to do on Staten Island. You live near a beautiful nature preserve -- Blue Heron Pond Park. It's newly renovated and staffed by Urban Park Rangers. It is lovely this time of year. You can hike the trails and ask a ranger for guided tours.

If you like folk music with your beer there is a wonderful singer playing tomorrow night at Gibbs Southern Barbecue. It's on Bay Street not far from the bus shelter near the ferry terminal.

The Chinese Scholar Garden just opened at Snug Harbor Cultural Center. It is beautiful -- a nice place to meditate. There is an admission fee, though.

If you do go to Snug Harbor, stop by the visitor's center to get some information on cultural events on Staten Island. There is an exhibit now at Snug Harbor called "Looking for Alice." It got excellent reviews.

If you are in the mood for some comedy/music/ poetry, the Cargo Cafe on Bay Street has open mike night on Monday nights in the back patio. Some nights are cookin'; some nights are a dud.

I may have a poetry reading of my own coming up in October, but I'm not sure yet.

If you check out this site: www.statenislandarts.org. you might find some other listings of events that you may find of interest.

Anyway, if you need more suggestions, just let me know. I've got plenty.

Marguerite

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.