Staten Island Web logo

Oh JB....Me too! I'm a coffee addict big time. I have really tried to quit quite a few times and (as you know) it's a real horror. The withdrawl headaches are terrible. When I found out that I was pregnant with my son (my first pregnancy) I decided that I was going to do everything right and proper and healthy...so I decided to give up coffee. That was 20 years ago and I was not at all aware that #1) one could be addicted to something like coffee and #2) that the withdrawl was so horrific. Well, I soon found out...the hard way. I thought I was going to DIE!

Like you, I too have come up with a back up plan. So insure that I won't ever be without coffee, I always make an extra pot and then shut it off. Whenever I want a cup...I pop it in the microwave. It gets me through the inbetween times. *S*

Soooo there you have it. Another one of my secrets is OUT of the closet...I mean pantry. (as DJ would say *LOL*)

The withdrawls aside though, the most embaressing part of being a coffee addict happened when I had my first surgery. You can't eat from 12 o'clock the night before and while you would think I would be concerned about the surgery itself, (which I was of course) I was almost more concerned about the lack of coffee in my system. I was panicing like crazy. I told every nurse in the O.R. that they had to make sure that the moment I was even slightly awake they were to give me coffee. I also said make sure you give me lot's of it...and make it STRONG!

I don't even WANNA know what they marked on my bed to insure that I got it....but I did get my coffee.

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.