Staten Island Web logo

On 8/30/99 3:09:08 PM, MadameT wrote:
How can you talk about Denino's pizza (personally, I LOVE the fried calimari!) and
forget to mention Ralph's for dessert! I just got back from FLA and what they consider
pizza and italian ice is just criminal. I think it has something to do with the water
-- you can't beat NY water for making a good dough!

Believe it or not, I'm probably the only Italian that can't stand calimari. What's even weirder is that my 100% Scandinavian Mom use to make it all the time. Now Ralph's Ice...THAT I love. I guess the reason we didn't go to Ralph's after Dennino's was because it was still early in the day. *S*

But since we're talking about food...

Do you remember the Bazaar's on Staten Island years ago? I loved to buy the Zeppoles there, even though my Mother always made them at home. There was just something extra appealing about the crowds and the crisp out door air. I've often asked in my Church why we don't have them any more (the Bazaar's not the Zeppoles *LOL*)...and the answer was: "the high cost of insurance".

What a bummer! They were alot of fun and I have alot of great memories from them.

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.