Staten Island Web logo

Funny thing Bob, when Art brought up Howdy Doody it got me thinking about the "Mr. Imagination" show...that had to be the best show for kids of that era. Think it showed on Sunday late afternoons...after reading all the funnies and looking for "lewd and lascivious" pictures in the Sunday News and Mirror (the Hudson NJ Gayety Theatre Burlesque ads back in the sports pages) and listening to the Shadow on the radio, I would get to watch Mr. Imagination at my grandmother's. Thanx for the nostalgia hit!

Davey Blumen a radio whiz kid? That I find hard to believe...he never struck me as smart enough or witty enough to make it on that show (don't remember the name).

Now, there was a girl in the class of '57: Patty Salzburger. She could do a better job of telling stories than the teachers from the 3rd grade on up. I believe she was on that radio show more than once...I can't think of the name of it, but the MC came on with a spiel like: "Out of the mouths of babes oft times come gems."

I think my kid brother also interviewed for it because he was in the "IGC" class at PS 45...but I don't think he made it...much to my delight...I never would have been able to put up with his big head...as far as I was concerned, IGC meant "idiot goopy children"....glad to see ya back, counselor, was beginning to think those gypsies had kidnapped ya! :) DAN

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.