There is a picture of the ruins in the newly published, Community, Continuity, and Change
New Perspectives on Staten Island, Edited by Michael Rosenfeld and Charles LaCerra. Published by Pace University Press.
The original Quarantine was established in 1799 on the Northeastern shore of Staten Island - in the area that would come to be known as Tompkinsville. It was a 30 acre site.
A footnote in this book cites an article "The Old Quarantine. Its Destruction and the Causes Which Led to It" by Dr. F. Hollick found in Proceedings of the Natural Science Association of Staten Island, Special No. 16 ( October 1893): pp.64-67.
Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.