Staten Island Web logo

tweety139HI MY NAME IS SUSAN OLMAN,BORN IN STATEN ISLAND 1946.MOTHER AND FATHER BOTH DECEASED. FATHER LIVED IN NEW YORK CITY ALL HIS LIFE.HE USE TO TELL ME ABOUT TAKING ME FOR A RIDE ON THE STATEN ISLAND FERRY,HE WOULD PICK ME UP AT THE CHILDRENS HOME WHERE WE WERE ALL PLACED WHEN MY MOTHER TOOK SICK. FROM WHAT I CAN RECALL,MY DAD OWNED A TAVERN WITH A FRIEND ON STATEN ISLAND,HIS NAME WAS FRANK MENDIZZA,MY DADS NAME WAS HENRY FRIEDHOFF. I RECALL BEING TOLD THAT WE LIVED IN NEW DORP.PLEASE IF ANYONE REMEMBERS ANYTHING I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T FIND OUT ANYTHING. WE HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY,SEVEN BROTHERS AND TWO SISTERS.MY MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME WAS RUTH KERNEY.HER MOTHER WAS ELIZABETH DUNLOP.THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER IS THAT WE USE TO VISIT A WOMAN NAMED LALOA ANDERSON FIRST NAME NO SPELLED RIGHT. SHE LIVED NEAR THE BEACH,WITH A ANOTHER WOMAN I DON'T REMEMBER HER NAME, THEY WERE BOTH EXCENTRIC,VERY VERY OLD I REMEMBER, IT WAS IN THE EARLY 60'S.I JUST WISH I COULD FIND SOME RELATIVES. MY MOTHER WAS BURIED ON THE ISLAND.PLEASE HELP ME!!!! GREATLY APPRECIATED. SUSAN (FRIEDHOFF) OLMAN. PLEASE E-MAIL ME. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.