1957 Pam Aires Felicity email@example.com
The following were some comments made in the year 1957:
1) I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, its
going to be impossible to buy a weeks groceries for $20.00.
(2) "Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long
when $5000 will only buy a use one."
(4) "Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just
to mail a letter?"
(5) "If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire
outside help at the store."
(6) "When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would
someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the
car in the garage."
(7) "Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it
impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing
their hair as long as the girls."
(8) "I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they
let Clark Gable get by with saying 'd*mn' in "Gone With The Wind",it
seems every new movie has either "H*ll" or "d*mn" in it."
(9) "I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to
put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some
fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."
(10) "Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for
$75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday
they'll be making more than the president."
(11) "I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would
be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."
(12) "It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few
married women are having to work to make ends meet."
(13) "It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire
someone to watch their kids so they can both work."
(14) "Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more, those Hollywood stars seem
to be getting divorces at the drop of a hat."
(15) "I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a
whole lot of foreign business."
(16) "Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government
takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing
the best people to congress."
(17) "The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I
seriously doubt they will ever catch on."
(18) "There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend.
It costs nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel."
(19) "No one can afford to be sick any more, $35.00 a day in the
hospital is too rich for my blood."
(20) "If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it. I'll
have my wife learn to cut hair.
-.-*- .-*-. -*-.-*- .-*-. -*-.-*- .-*-.
We are all points of light, and as we link up,
We are turning the world into a star.
-*-.-*- .-*-. -*-.-*- .-*-. -*-.-*- .-*-.
Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.