Staten Island Web logo

Frank Lloyd Wright ~*Donna*~ Helgeson ~*Lady*Donna*~ tranquility@si.rr.com On 4/22/2001 07:49:00 AM, Rosa wrote:
>In kindergarten, I learned a
>very valuable lesson. "Don't
>make promises you can't keep."
>My teacher promised me that at
>the end of the day she would
>give me a little felt purse
>that we used to play with. I
>never got that purse.I never
>make promises I can't keep,
>because I know how the other
>person feels with an
>unfulfilled promise.
>Rosa

Awwww (((Rosa))),

See how that stuck with you! :-( It's sad when someone doesn't fulfill their promise to you, especially for a child.

You made an excellent point and learned a very valuable lesson that I too had to learn, but on the other end. I never want to say "No" to anyone so there were so many times when people would ask me for things and I'd be running myself ragged trying to fulfill all of those promises, but none of us lives in a plastic bubble and when all is said and done no one can ever really be "sure" of anything because for all of the good intentions meant, unexpected things do happen. I try to be cognizant of the expectation of someone waiting for something "promised" so now when someone asks me for something, I try really hard to say (If I can do it at all that is) that I'll do it as soon as I can. It gets the internal pressure off of myself and it's actually much more honest!

~*~*~*Lady*Donna*~*~*~

~*The Journey Inward*~

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.