Staten Island Web logo

ALL-WISE, ALL-KNOWING Richard La Dieu sir rich ladieu rladieu@dgs.dgsys.com rs,

i will repeat --- free speech does not give a person the right to yell fire in a crowded theather.......

i have been reading with fanasication the debate between you and ken. and yes it is fansicating. (spelling checher ain't a woiking here again). anyways, both of you have a point. you are sticking to the literal interpetitation of the first admendment. however as justice blackman once said (and i will paraprase this please ) the letter of the law must not be seperated from the intent of the law... something to that affect. i think you know what i am talking about because of your greater knowledge and education......

the child molesters certainaly have a right to post their opinion on a web site. you bet, i would defend them for that. however, they do not have the right to advocate the actual act of violating the law. there is a difference here. child molesting is against the law. no if's, and, or buts here....

the aclu should be defending the rights of death row inmates who need to have dns testing where appropriate (in some cases it is not since it dns was already used and confirmed to be accurate) there are many issues the aclu should be involved in ---like protecting union members from corrupt and anti democratic union officials, corrupt politicans, corrupt lawyers, corrupt bankers, etc etc....

as ken intimated --- stop a minute --- smell the beautiful flowers around you, thing of the intent of what others are getting at....

yea, i, ken and others, say things that may iretate you a bit because of your education, profession etc, but we are laymen, we see things in a different light (so to speak) we see things in black and white --- we don't alwasy see the gray areas. maybe we should, but hell, why?????

anyway, not matter what anyone may thing about your arguments -- i thing they are great and they make, at least me, thing a bit longer about a subject i have strong feels about.

cheers
rich

p.s. sure ya don't wanna take a quickie ta s.i. friday for da gathering??

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.