Hey Jay: I can give my general philosophy regarding weight training and muscle building...but you'd be better off reading what the pros say and ask them on-line:
That's probably the best all around up-to-date magazine around on the stuff you need to know.
My OWN philosophy:
1. Free weights are better than machines.
2. Skip a day between weight lifting sessions.
3. Never work out so hard that you burn out (i.e. after six months you quit).
4. Be patient, you may think you're not making any progress, but you really are!
5. Don't Quit!!! Think of a salmon swimming upstream...he never makes it the first time, but every time he jumps up that waterfall he gets a little further.
If anybody else out there has some suggestions for Jay, please post...DAN
Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.