Staten Island Web logo

Do Labor Unions Have too Much Power Dan Blaine DBLIVIT blaine@eucom.mil "Our educational system is in shambles, our work ethic is mediocre and our manufactured products are inferior to off-shore manufacturers."

Ken, I agree with most of what you said, except for the above statement. I've seen statistics showing that Americans have the most productive workforce in the world. And I believe that most products "made in America" are better than those made overseas.

Speaking from personal experience, the German labor unions over here have created the most spoiled, lazy, overpaid work force I have ever seen! This is why companies like Daimler-Benz merged with Chrysler. They can get their automobiles built at less cost and more efficiently in the U.S. than they can in the Fatherland.

I don't understand how Germany and most of the European countries are able to compete with us! Is it the hype that something made in Europe is supposed to be better, or is it the unfavorable tariff regulations against us?

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.