Staten Island Web logo

What Ticks You Off ~*Donna*~ Helgeson ~*Donna*~ eternity@con2.com
Margie...

I like the way your mind works! *LOL* You've got some great ideas. I was roaring over here.

O.k.! You want us to be ~creative~...and so I'll try. I will say this though, I have a friend who once told me that he was so sick of telemarketers calling his house that he decided to really ~turn the tables~ on them and let them see what it's like being the victim of a long, drawn out and boring conversation. His plan was to orchestrate things so that *they* became the one that wanted to hang up! LOL Essentially speaking, he moaned and groaned about every little boring nuance of his life.

Sooooo Following his example, this is now one of my own ~creative~ telemarketer brush off's:

To AT&T or Sprint (or one of those countless other telephone people): Awwww So you want to sell me long distance rates! How very very nice of you! I wish I could purchase your services because I really wish I needed them but the truth of the matter is that I don't know any people that live far away from me. In fact, I don't really know why, but I don't have many friends at all. You know, if it weren't for all of you nice hard working people calling the house to sell me things, I wouldn't even need local rates. Sometimes I call for pizza or chinese food though and I get to talk to THOSE PEOPLE but that doesn't happen that often because you see, I'm in the twighlight portion of my years now and my finances are so very very limited that I just can't afford to do that too often. THANK GOD for people who work in GOVERNMENT AGENCIES! When I'm really lonely I call *them* and because they're sooo nice and soooo busy (they must work REALLY hard) they put me on hold for the longest time! Oh boy! I feel....SO CONNECTED that way!

Betcha if I *really* had the courage to say stuff that they'd be gone by the time I got to sentence #2! *LOL*

~*~*~*¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º~*Donna*~¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º*~*~*~

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.