Staten Island Web logo

Pizza Dough Rose Paterno Jan r1r2pat@aol.com DJ This is how I make my pizza dough
6 cups all purpose flour
2 packages of dry yeast
3 teaspoons salt
1 cup warm water for diluting yeast1 tablespoon sugar
Additional warm water as needed to form a dough that can be rolled out to form the pizza.
In a small bowl, put in the two packets of yeast and add the warm water. Add the sugar as this will activate the yeast. Let it stand for about a minute.
In a large bowl, put in the flour and the salt. Make a well in the flour. In the well put in the yeast mixture. Mix all together adding water as needed to form a dough that can be rolled out. If too much water is added you can remedy this by adding more flour. Empty the dough onto a counter or a flat surface and knead for about ten minutes.
Place the dough in a bowl to rise rubbing margarine or butter on the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm draft free place to rise. What I do if that isn't possible and I am in a hurry to eat my pizza, I heat up my oven to where it is warm and place the dough in there. Within an hour your dough is ready. Knead the dough again and roll out to the size that you want.
I put my pizza in a 400 degree oven on the first shelf in the oven. Depending on whether the pizza is thin or thick the baking time varies.
I put a small amount of vegetable oil on the bottom of the pan and spread it all around.i put the dough in the pan and spread crushed tomatoes around it. Next I spread the Mozzarella, One pound that I have shredded and last the Oregano.
I know this is drawn out but I like to explain the steps. Hope this helps.
Jan

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.