Staten Island Web logo

Lets get really nostalgic now! HELENE FRIEDMAN (CASSARA) BABY GIRL emeraldhc1@aol.com
Helene (Friedman) Cassara

When I was 3 years old my Dad taught me my first dance. It was a WALTZ and I danced on his feet he would hold my hand out and tell me "BABY GIRL LET DADDY TEACH YOU HOW TO DANCE. PLACE YOUR FEET ON DADDY'S FEET AND COUNT TO THE MUSIC. ONE TWO THREE ONE TWO THREE."

He would always sing to me I"LL BE LOVING YOU ALWAYS. I don't know who sang the original, but Willie Nelson sang the remake. I LOVE this song, and I still hear it one the radio every now and then, and I still cry thinking how Daddy did this for me. I loved to dance, I loved the music and I would pester Daddy all the time to DANCE WITH ME DADDY. I WANT MY FEET ON YOURS.

So my very best favorite song in the world would be that one: I"LL BE LOVING YOU ALWAYS, WITH A LOVE THAT TRUE ALWAYS, NOT FOR JUST A HOUR, NOT FOR JUST A DAY, BUT I'LLBE LOVING YOU ALWAYS.

Any one remember that?

Also i remember going up with all Daddys records, Frankie, Dean, Jerry, and lets not forget the JEWISH COMEDY ALBUMS he had. After we would dance for hours together, then we would laugh at the yiddish songs that we played. I have not idea what they were saying, but if Daddy was laughing, so was: I BABY GIRL.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.

Helene

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.