Staten Island Web logo

Just some thoughts on Elian Richard La Dieu Rich LaDieu rladieu@dgs.dgsys.com rs,

lets look at a bit of not too distant history here.....

the vietnam war. yea i know it is a sore point for some, especially our vets, but bob, you made an interesting point..about what happens when we (americans) go nuts?????

during the middle and late sixties i was working on wall street. there were demonstrations against the war, a lot of bad mouthing of our solders who were fighing over there on direct orders from their political leaders in washington dee cee.

i was opposed to the war, but i was more opposed to those who demonstrated against the war by bad mouthing our servicemen.

it seems we had gone nuts here in this country. we survived because of our differences of opinion --- making our different opinions known.

with elian --- we again went nuts --- at least a small section of our country did.....

they and we survived and hopefully we all have learned something...

history --- if one pays attention to it --- is a great instructor. when we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat our mistakes.....

if we pay attention to it --- we can learn from our mistakes and hopefully do a better job......
cheers
rich

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.