Staten Island Web logo

Lets get really nostalgic now! C Connelly mcgil mmmg@netscape.net Marcene, you hit on it. My entire childhood is tied to music. My Dad had an extensive, eclectic ( everything from ragtime to opera) album collection and my sister and I went to sleep every night to music. I think that the first song that I knew by heart was "Daisy" (Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do, I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, and I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two!) I sang this song day & night until everyone was sick of it!

Dad would walk around the house singing all the time and my sister and I each had our own song. Mine was tied to a nickname my father had given me me and since my sister's name was Kathleen, her's was obviously "I'll take you home again Kathleen. My sister died in November 1997 and on the first anniversary of her death I was having a really tough time. I wanted to be alone so my husband & the kids disappeared and let me wallow. I finally got out of bed sometime in the afternoon and turned on the tv. There,to my amazement, on PBS, was an Irish tenor (Frank Patterson?)singing "I'll take you home again Kathleen." I couldn't believe it and took it as a sign from my Dad that they were still with me and always would be.

mimi

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.