Staten Island Web logo

ISTM Harry White Harry da Hammer leighnharry@earthlink.net On 07/14/2000 10:41:00 PM, FawCawnahs wrote:
>It seems to me...

and to me!

>-that writing here is not only fun, but risky.

You are right again rs-

>-some of us like joke lists, some don't.

Freedom of opinion, not sure where this appears in da Bill of Rights but I know it's dare!!

>-some don't have the courage of their convictions and post anonymously, while others are not afraid to put their two cents in under their own name.

I'm not sure how I will sign off yet so will not comment here. :>)

>-that some of us are more thin skinned than others.

The membrane surrounding my brain is both thick and thin. I can both love and hate you. My biggest problem is trying to figure out if it is worth my while to figure out which. I also have a problem trying to figure out if you are the problem or if it is me. I'll be fair and give you the benefit of doubt. I'm the the problem. What is the solution????

>-that when we talk about
>political subjects, it's
>unreasonable to expect
>agreement. When you talk
>about politics, you're
>inviting disagreement.
>Wouldn't be any fun,
>otherwise. After all, we're
>from StatNisland, which is
>part of NewYawk, where verbal
>sparring is honed in high
>school, as I recall it.

Yep!!!

>-that it's a mistake to take
>such disagreement personally.

Yes!!! But human nature prevails and we do take things personal that we shouldn't.

>-that it's a mark of respect
>that someone thought enough of
>you to reply to one of your
>postings, even to disagree,
>especially to disagree. It
>means you were thought
>provoking, which is one of the
>highest achievements you can
>accomplish around here, or
>anywhere, for that matter.

To provoke a reply is wonderful. To make one think long enough to provoke a reply is awesome. Life ceases when thought ceases.

>-that not everyone wishes to be thought provoking.

NO!!! We all want to be thought provoking.

>-some of us just like to wave
>the flag and wish good wishes
>and that sort of sugary stuff.
>Some do, some can leave it
>alone. Either way is fine.

I think we all want to unite, to wave the flag, to link arms, to join in a life style that we all enjoyed when we were growing up on SI.

>-this place is like a
>newspaper without the benefit
>of an editor to arrange
>placement. Jokes get placed
>on the political editorial
>site, and vice versa. This
>bugs some people, but there's
>not much that can be done
>about it, so far.

And why do anything. The world is full of laws and rules for order. Here you are in control!!! Read, reply or move on. When you read you learn. When you reply you have listened. When you move on you are so much the better for the visit.

>-this place is also like a
>wall of graffiti. "Here, this
>is what I think about that,"
>blam, and up it goes. Write
>first, think second. At least
>posterity will know we were
>here. If they don't like it,
>well, so much for posterity.
>And so much for us.

It may not appear that I think much before I post but I do. Many times I write a post and then do not put it up for all to see. Either way I have been moved. All of my future posts ae built upon what I have posted or thought about posting.

>-some of the regulars like to
>chat, call each other up, send
>each other tons of emailed
>stuff that others can live
>without.

Yes, we can live with out it but we all live so much better with it. Life is a learning process. I live I learn I grow. Almost like the Latin Vidi Vini Vichi or something to that effect :>). To late to much to drink to tired.

>-sumovem even like to visit.

Visitors welcome!!!! No one ever learned anything with his mouth open or with his fingers on the keys. Eyes and ears are the keys to knowledge.

>That can be good or it can seem like, "Uh-oh, here come a load of visiting firemen,
>where's my fly rod, I've gotta go fishing."

I love the opportunity to fish. But while fishing I think of dose visiting fireman, da problems and dis wonderful woild.

>-and on and on. You can add to the "It Seems To Me" list.

RS- You is one of da thought provokers. This place is spiritual. Your spirit keeps us alive. I do not always agree wit you but you always make me think. I do not always like that but I always feel better after thinking.
>
>Just keep posting, as some of us need our daily fix and would prefer to have verbal
>rocks thrown our way than to be ignored.

A daily fix, not a rock. We are all grains of sand.

>-rs
>
>(Duck!)

Don't duck, stand tall. Your honesty is loved/respected.
Cheers, Harry

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.