Staten Island Web logo

Wats DA Matter Robert Sheridan FawCawnahs bobsheridan@earthlink.net "...but what the Hay. Could it be that a lot of posts are not responded to? I rest my case. Jan"

Jan, my dear, I think you're definitely on to something.

The posts that get the responses are the ones that express a point of view, as yours does. They reveal something about the attitude of the writer. You give the reader something to chew on, mull over, and post his/her own view of the matter, which is apt to be something different, as no two people think exactly alike. That's how we get discussions going around here, but I'm sure you've figured that out already.

This is one of the reasons it's not as much fun to have someone respond, "I agree with everything you've said" not that this happens much.

It's a lot better when someone politely takes issue with something you've said. We assume the rest is uncontroversial enough to pass without comment. Then, at least, you know you're involved in a conversation.

So, keep up the comments, Jan, and the rest of you Happy Hooligans, as they're what keep some of us going.

-rs

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.