Staten Island Web logo

Armed Confrontation Stanley J. Singer sjsinger sjsinger@flash.net Rich,

The police took no action, I suspect, because of all of the media representation of police action against minorities. The demonstration ended without incident but not before its leader demanded and threatened what he called white supremacy in Texas. Actually here in Houston, the Hispanics and black population comprises the majority ethnic group.

To answer Gina about whether the gun was loaded or not, all guns are loaded when they are pointed at you. I don't think you have the time or ability to check to see.

I do believe that every citizen has the right to bear arms, but not assault guns which are not manufactured for sporting or protection reasons. I do not have a gun in my home, principally for safety reasons as my home always contained children whether my own or grandchildren or neighbors.

In the past month, we have had at least six children wounded or killed by firearms, one was the pre-teen son of one of our police officers.

I'm still depressed and angered over the situation and hope that the any action in the future is not taken as the result of fear no matter what the ethnic background of the participants.

Stan singer

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.