Staten Island Web logo

Your Mail Letter Carrier Needs 'U' Sat. May 13th Gina * Gina staten-island@usa.net Edscout is a fellow member of the SI-Web - he wont know I've posted this till he signs on to the site later this evening.

Edscout among other things is a very dedicated Scout Master & US Letter Carrier - In chat he has discussed some of his community service dedication & projects he's often involved with. He speaks humbly of his continued service giving effort and is well deserving of acknowledgement...BRAVO EDSCOUT :)

This past week he told us about his annual participation in the Letter Carrier's Food for the Hungry Drive. Let's give our best "StateNislander Caring" effort and join in this Nationwide "give what "U" can" drive, even if it's only "give a can"

I'm gonna assume that this past week, just like me "U" have received a postcard in your mailbox from your Letter Carrier that says:

STAMP OUT HUNGER MAY 13

The National Association of Letter Carriers,
in conjunction with the United States Postal Service, will be collecting non-perishable food items like canned soup, juice, pasta, vegetables, cereal and rice on Saturday, May 13, to help families in need in our community.

You can help by placing your food donation at your mailbox on May 13 before your letter carrier arrives.

Your carrier will take it to the Post Office, and it will then be delivered to a local food bank or pantry. Please do no include any glass or perishable items.

Thank you for caring,
Your Letter Carrier

My donation is all boxed and ready to go. How bout yours?

National Association of Letter Carrier's
2000 Food Drive Set for May 13

To find out more about the
Annual NALC Food Drive, CLICK HERE

-g

~*~*~ Staten Island ~*~*~
"Home Of The Heart"

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.