Staten Island Web logo

Advice Harry White hrwhite leighnharry@earthlink.net A man goes to see his Rabbi.
"Rabbi, something terrible is happening in my marriage and I have to talk to you about it."

"Yes, my friend?" says the Rabbi.

"My wife and I no longer make love," says the man.

"You must talk to her about it," says the Rabbi.

The man leaves, but a month later, he returns.

"Rabbi, something even worse is happening in my marriage and I have to talk to you about it."

"My wife and I not only don't make love any longer, we've begun to have terrible fights," says the man.

"You must talk to her about it," says the Rabbi.

The man leaves, but a month later, he returns.

"Rabbi, something monstrous is happening in my marriage and I have to talk to you about it."

"My wife and I still don't make love and we still have terrible fights, and now it's gotten even worse," says the man.

"What can be worse than that, my friend?" says the Rabbi.

"My wife is poisoning me," says the man.

The Rabbi, somewhat taken aback, asks, "Are you certain you're not imagining this?"

The man then pleads, "I'm telling you I'm sure she's poisoning me. What should I do?"

The Rabbi then offers, "Tell you what. Perhaps I should talk to her. Let me see what I can do and I'll let you know what might be best for you to do."

The following day, the Rabbi calls the man and says, "Well, I spoke to your wife. I spoke to her yesterday for two hours. I think I have a clearer picture of what's happening in your marriage."

"So what is there to be done?" says the man.

"You want my advice?" asks the Rabbi.

The man anxiously says, "Yes, Rabbi, I do."

The Rabbi replies, "Take the poison."

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.