Staten Island Web logo

Rich's Computer Clinic Richard La Dieu Rich LaDieu rladieu@dgs.dgsys.com gina and all

i have two hard disk drives. all software is installed on the c drive. all files on the d drive.

all downloads are downloaded to the d drive in a folder called temp. after the download is completed, i log off the system, then installed the software (after having it double checked for viruses). after it is installed, the downloaded file is put into a folder under temp called installed. after a couple weeks and all is well, the downloaded zipped filed is deleted or put on a jaz disk for later use if necessary.

as for downloading netscape or i-explorer, well i have learn at home and here on the job, downloading these things off the i-net is a very tricky and sometimes dangerous thing to do.

i now order form the company a cd with the software on it. believe me, it saves time, money, but most of all agravation. i don't have to sit around waiting for a download to take place, even on a t1 line, especially the one i have here in the office. its slower than s--t in a boonie outhouse.

anyway, my suggestion is to pay the ten bucks, get a cd from the guys --- send them a check, no i-net buying with credit cards, then load your stuff.

as for the plugins welllll i don't bother anymore, tain't worth my time. i just download the file save it to the temp folder then go in and read it with my various viewing tools. if one don't work another will.

cheers
rich

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.