Is there a doctor in the house? Diane J DJ Lost firstname.lastname@example.org
Actual mistakes doctors wrote on patients charts
1. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
2. On the 2nd day the knee was better and on the 3rd day it disappeared
3. The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1993.
4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be
5. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
6. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
7. The patient refused an autopsy.
8. The patient has no past history of suicides.
9. Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.
10. Patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with
only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
12. She is numb from her toes down.
13. While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
14. The skin was moist and dry.
15. Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
17. Rectal exam revealed a normal size thyroid.
18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until
she got a divorce.
19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our Car for physical
20. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as
a stockbroker instead.
21. Skin: Somewhat pale but present.
22. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit
on the abdomen and I agree.
23. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.