Staten Island Web logo

Gimmie a Break George Jaenicke grjaenicke grjaenicke@mindspring.com
I just heard on the news this morning that four boys have been suspended from their kindergarten class in a NJ public school. The reason, during recess they were playing outside and were pointing their index fingers at each other like a gun. Four kindergarten kids five years old playing as we all did at that age, using your finger for a gun.

Is this an overreaction by school officials or what, it certainly appears that way to me. Their reason for the suspension was other children were frightened. Maybe the real reason is that they are so worried about political correctntness that they have lost their sense of “common sense” Get real, these were not guns or even toy guns they were fingers for crying out loud.

I sure am glad that I am past the time where I have young children in today’s school system. This is a joke, another panicked waste of taxpayers money by over zealous incompetent appointed or elected officials. Next they will be calling the children’s parents unfit. The school administrator said when interviewed that the school has a zero tolerance for guns, guns not fingers. Maybe they will require these parents to get trigger locks for their child’s fingers.

I’m not a gun owner or an avid supporter of gun owners rights or anything like that, but this is ridiculous. But I guess this is what happens when parents stop doing their job of teaching “Values “ at home and leave that up to the school system.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Staten Island Web® Forums Index.