Staten Island Web logo

Something to think about? ~*Donna*~ Helgeson ~*Donna*~ eternity@con2.com
I just came across an interesting article and I thought it might be interesting to share the findings to see what all of you here thought about it.

According to an article, which was on Health and Healing (I won't mention the authors name right now)....there's a basic scientific principal known as the "Law Of Halogen Displacement" which can directly be related to normal (or abnormal) functioning of the Thyroid.

The reason this article caught my notice is because not only has my Mother recently been diagnosed with thyroid difficulties (her's is low functioning) but so have so many others that I know.

Anyway, to understand what the author is saying you'd have to know what the "Law of Displacement" is, as well as the Halogens and their atomic numbers.

The Halogen's (and their atomic numbers) are as follows:

Fluorine 19
Chlorine 35.5
Bromine 80
Iodine 127

The following is an excerpt from the article explaining the theory:

"The critical activity of any one of these four halgogens is in inverse proportion to its atomic weight. This means that any one of the four can displace the element with a higher atomic weight, but cannot displace an element with a lower atomic weight. For example, fluorine can displace chlorine, bromine and iodine because fluorine has a lower atomic weight than the other three.

Similarly, chlorine can displace bromine and iodine because they both have a higher atomic weight. Likewise, bromine can
displace iodine from the body because iodine has a higher atomic weight. But a reverse order is not possible.

A knowledge of this well-known chemical law brings us to a consideration of the addition of chlorine to our drinking water as a purifying agent. We use drinking water that is harmful to the body not because of its harmful germ content but because the chlorine content now causes the body to lose the much-needed iodine. THINK about this for a moment and act upon this information!"

I just submit it for review and contemplation!

It is an interesting theory.

(Art, what do you think of it?)

~*Donna*~

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.