Staten Island Web logo

NEWS FLASH Robert Sheridan bobsheridan bobsheridan@earthlink.net Harry, the fact is that I'm actually taking a serious look at doin' the writin' for what I would like to see someday as a movie that will be better than "A Civil Action" with John Travolta and I hope as good as "To Kill A Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck. Since I've never written a screenplay, but have started reading William Goldman and Robert McKee on what it entails, I'm understanding that it's about as easy as thinking you can write a symphony because you've enjoyed Beethoven's Fifth.

There's no question I've got the material, personally experienced. Writing it up well is the challenge. Now that I've won a celebrated, or perhaps notorious, case(at least around here), I'll see what I can come up with.

First you gotta write somethin' good, then you've gotta find an agent who thinks it's spun gold, and then someone like Mr. Time Warner has to want to put a hundred million into somethin' about what I did and why so everybody will want to go see it.

It's not hard to convince me it's well worth it. :)

Thanks for all of your encouraging words.

Margie, you wanna eddit my woik? Clean up my spellin'? And the way I tawk? You'd have yer work cut out.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and he may have made friends with his fleas.

-rs

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.