Staten Island Web logo

NEWS FLASH Robert Sheridan bobsheridan bobsheridan@earthlink.net I do think about it, Harry, and thanks for the kind words.

The answer is that it's kinda tricky doin' that. Example is the Foxglove case, recently dismissed, a buncha people accused of goin' around poisonin' older people to inherit. I get 'em off with a cross-examination that takes the foxglove outa the Foxglove case, a lovely piece of work with a six-year build up, people in the bucket for more than two.

For years people have been tellin' me to write up this case, it's a movie. For years I've been tellin' them thanks but that's the mistake the cops who did the investigatin' made.
They leaked their file to a guy who tried to sell the story to Hollywood way before they finished the investigatin,' which they got all wrong. Having got started on the left foot, they never recovered and sooner or later I was gonna get 'em, which I finally managed to do, only it took a long time, but that's better than the death penalty or life in prison.

So if you're practicing law it's not a good idea to write up your own cases until they're all over and, hopefully, you've won 'em. Then there's the question of portraying a lot of live people who have lives.

Someone did a movie about the life of a lawyer friend in San Fran based on a true case he did and by the time the prosecutor got through threatening the producer they had to change so many of the facts, names, even the city that it was a piece of crap.

The reason I'd write anything is to show what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again, as I've seen a lot of stuff I wouldn'ta believed possible in this day and age. It's like when're we gonna stop trippin' over the same stone, but it seems like we sometimes make a bee-line right for it and ignore the folks who wave their arms and say "Watch Ouuuttt!" Sometimes I say that.

So the answer is yeah, as soon as I figure out exactly how I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, and meanwhile I take notes like hell, so I'm ready.

-rs

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.