Staten Island Web logo

McDonalds ~*Donna*~ Helgeson ~*Donna*~ eternity@con2.com
Via E-mail I received a bunch of little stories entitled: "True Stories". While I know that there are a portion of posters here who are ANTI~List people I just had to share this one because it is sooooooooo true! I know this one PERSONALLY!

McDonald's:

I went to McDonald's. I looked at the menu and saw that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half-dozen nuggets. "We don't have a half-dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
"You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half-dozen nuggets but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

Now while that specific story isn't mine I did clearly notice the critical thinking skills of the "workers" there on MANY an occasion. About 3 years ago my friend, daughter and I were on the road on our way to North Carolina for a ~Gathering~ of the people from the other web site I belong to. Since North Carolina is quite a distance away (This drive took us 17 hours.) naturally we had to stop a few times for food. Well, this one time we stopped at McDonalds. We used the drive-in where were were simultaneously making up our minds and giving our order which for the kid behind the window equaled HELL! *LOL* Anyway, we were essentially finished when the "worker" said: Will that be all???? I had originally decided NOT to have anything, but upon hearing that, I quickly changed my mind and told my friend (the driver) to order a "small fries". My friends EXACT words were: NO! We want an extra...SMALL FRIES!

The "worker" actually said: We don't have "EXTRA SMALL"! We only have small, medium and large! :-0

~*Donna*~

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.