Staten Island Web logo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE SHAKE - Reprise Arthur Anderson Art artnscience-(at)-yahoo.com Happy Birthday Lee,

I just browsed my own Boy Scout page links and found this message I wrote in reply to yours. I will re-post it as a reprise and as a special Birthday Greeting to my fellow Pisces buddy.

Lee,

http://www.geocities.com/artnscience/we-r-family.mid " autostart="true" autostart="true" loop="false" align="left" controls="smallconsole" WIDTH ="55" HEIGHT ="16">

I feel the same way as you do about our "virtual" friends on the web. Something about this technology helps cautious hearts and minds communicate openly. The common experiences, values, loves and hates we express draw us together in ways we never expected. The possibility of that happening in the flesh (without the web) is less likely because something as random as geographic separation would interfere. This has to be true because we live all over the map but our origins and those things we did as we acquired our values all stemmed from what was happening on StatNisland. Even if we were living on StatNisland now, it would not be likely that someone in New Dorp would walk up to someone in Westerleigh and start up the kinds of thoughtful conversations we are having. It is not that there is something wrong with the world. It is that this technology links together hearts and souls like *Donna* said. It also seems to be the place for courageous souls who search for goodness in life. People like you are a real gift to people like me. I am happy to call myself your friend.

All the best.

Art

Visit the StatNislander's Photo Album and my Boy Scout Page

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.