Staten Island Web logo

The Mick Resurfaces NOW IF THE DAMN QUEEN WOULD ONLY GET HER ACT TOGETHER Pat O'Shaughnessy patos patoshaughnessy@juno.com Just then out of the back room came the Sisters of St. Dorothy. Mother Sousa the principal and head Nun was first. Followed by her body guard Mother Coloreau. ( Mother Coloreau usually had a smile but the build of a hells angel. The Mick had been the target of her wrath before and she wasn't smiling now.) ((He had often wondered as a child if she didn't sport biker tattoos underneath that habit)) Next in line was the enforcer Mother Ferro. Then tall Mother McCloskey and a blur of habits. Mother Ferro was named properly she had the ferocity of a cornered ferret. The Mick knew she had grown up on Wolverine St. and always suspected some connection. Mother Ferro was wearing her holster as usual. Inside the double holsters gleamed two sharp 12" metal edge rulers. Although highly polished close examination would reveal the blood stains of many a Catholic youth on both those rulers. The Mick looked at his hands it was hard to tell now which were ruler scars and which were plumbing scars. "You Irish hooligan" Mother Sousa screeched "Half the Irish families are on the dole or close to it because of you and you're latest escapade. How dare you take these poor men and keep them from their families for last year." "But Sister" he replied, " It wasn't" . "Hush your mouth and listen didn't the Msgr. tell you to be quiet and listen; said the Nun. I've been listening to your excuses ever since you were a child and I doubt if they've changed any since then. It wasn't my fault, I didn't do it, I didn't make them do it, if this is all true why are you always in the thick of it. Heavens preserve us. Why didn't you stay in Ohio? The Mick was a grown man and was scared of no man. Not even the priests but here he was standing before angry Nuns. What if his mother found out there would surely be hell to pay. At the thought of it he began to tremble. Your in for it now Boyo Mother McCloskey chimed in from the back.

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.