Staten Island Web logo

Opinion? C Connelly mcgil DJ,
What you're trying to do is admirable. I've been guardian-ad-litem for children in family court for several years and this is a familiar situation. Listen to rs and consult an attorney who practices family law. Not only will the attorney know the laws that apply in your locality, s/he will probably be familiar with the services that could be available to this child if he remains with his father. Even if it's not feasible for the boy to live with you, you may be able to advocate for him and get him the support systems that he needs once you leave.

Keep up the good fight!


P.S. To find a good attorney in this area, you may want to call your local family court and ask for a referral. These people know who's good and who's not -- and they're usually quite candid about it!

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.