Staten Island Web logo

Request From Oldtimer In Memory of 'Our Commodore' Gina * Gina staten-island@usa.net A quick note to let "The Gathering Crew" know that a short while ago I spoke to Oldtimer via "land line".

For sure this is not an ez time for our "Left Coast" Family. OT, her children, family members & friends are all together mourning the departure of "The Commodore" - OT said this past week before his death John was in terrible pain, was admitted to the hospital to be put on morphine drip & was refusing to eat - he just wanted an eternal sleep to be without pain & suffering...OT said "you know John, he never wanted to be fussed over much or a burden to anyone - he was a class act to the end, he got his wish"

"The Commodore's" request was for no wake/viewing etc. just a simple cremation & service - a final trip down the "Left Coast" to Huntington Beach where he will share mother earth's soothing comfort with other passed on family members.

The family will have a small service at John Daniels final resting place later this week.

As in the "gracious & kind life" of John Daniels, in his departure he has requested little fuss or fan fare. He very much loved & cared for all children as he did his own & was a long time supporter of:
"The Make A Wish Foundation" MAWF - click for more info.

The other foundation he has admired because of the help & support they offered him from the time he was "mis-diagnosed w/ ALS" about 1991 is the ALS Association/Foundation aka Lou Gehrig's disease - more info.

I lieu of flowers - if anyone is intested in doing a "in memory John Daniels" gesture - his family has made a very simple request -
Please pass on an act of loving kindness to/for someone you know or are yet to know...do this in memory of ***John Daniels - Our Commodore***

Any donation to the above mentioned organizations will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank You For Your Kindness

Bless You All Oldtimer & Family
via Gina

* this is not to overwrite JR's "A Flower Fund" post - it is an addition to since I just spoke w/ Marcene aka Oldtimer about 2 PM EST and my conversation w/ JR re: flowers was late last evening.

-g

~*~*~ Staten Island ~*~*~
"Home Of The Heart"

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.