Staten Island Web logo

Here's Da Way It Is Stanley J. Singer sjsinger sjsinger@flash.net I believe Bobsheridan challenged us not only to prove that we are legitimate Islanders but also to reveal a little about ourselves to our S.I. chat companions.

I was born on the Island in New Brighton as was my father and paternal grandfather. I attended P.S. 16, P.S. 30 and finally P.S.45. It was the depression years so we moved about quite a bit but never left the Island. I graduated from Curtis High School (Jan36) than attended CCNY, Wagner, Fordham and Fordham Law School. In December 1941, I was picked for the Army Air Force Cadet Program and graduated from pilot training in July 1942. I spent 38 years on active duty and in the reserve program and was recalled for Korea, Viet Nam and the Cuban Crisis finally retiring in 1980. When I left S.I. in 1941 I never did return except for visits to family. I married a Texas Gal and became a Texan. In my civilian life, I was CEO of a large department store chain foregoing the legal field.

In the latter part of 1999, I became nostalgic and tried to reach my old friends on the Island. I discovered the S.I. Chat group, Curtis Hi Alumni Assn. and even contacted an old female friend whom I dated in 1939.

I feel that I am now the oldest member of the Chat group @ 81.5 years but enjoy the group immensely.

Stanley Singer\
Houston, Texas

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.