Staten Island Web logo

Person of the Century Thomas Perillo Jr. TOMDGIMP tomdgimp@excite.com I think the cable channel A&E was doing something like this, but I think they were looking for the the most influential person of the century. Does anyone know who they picked? I know who I would pick (and no it's not me). Although I know MY choice wouldn't be popular, I would pick Adolf Hitler as the most INFLUENTIAL person.
Now you may be outraged, but understand I'm not saying I approve of Hitler or what he did, but I DO think he is the most influential person of the century.
Think about it, if it wasn't for Hitler, where would we be now? If Hitler hadn't tried to conquer the world (or Europe at least), then maybe the Japanese wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor, and we wouldn't have entered the war until it might have been too late. Maybe the Germans or the Russians would have invented the bomb first, and then where would we have been??
That is just one of quite a few reasons I can think of for naming Adolf Hitler as the most influential person of the century.
Who do you think should be, or should have been named "most influential person of the century"?

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.