Staten Island Web logo

Does Rock and Roll Ever Forget? Erika Noeth erika erika_noeth@hp.com Ace, my first concert was in 1976 (I think). I went to see Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden and I was 15. Been hooked ever since. Im 38 now and Im still going to shows. For a few years when my daughter was small I couldnt go as much as I wanted and Im somewhat limited now in choice because not that many groups come to Stuttgart (Germany). More go to Frankfurt & Munich, but this year I went to:

Bruce Springsteen in Zurich, April excellent

Aerosmith in Stuttgart, June mind blowingly terrific even after all this time

Red Hot Chili Peppers in Boeblingen, November - what a BLAST!!!!! Left me breathless and wanting MORE!!!

And last week I even surprised myself:

Black Sabbath (original line-up, final tour) in Stuttgart the opening band Id never heard of
but they rocked too!!

I listen to a lot of different types of music and I still feel as passionately about it as I did when I was a teenager.

I agree with you about cutting loose. Im a number cruncher at work, my life is nothing but work and responsibilities (full time working single mom). If I dont cut loose every now and again either
with a concert, going to a rock club to shake my bones or just turning up the jams when I get home from work and start on housework Id have gone mental years ago.

Care what other people think? What a royal waste of time life is too short!!!!

Keep rockin Ace!!

Erika

Staten Island Web Forums Index.