Staten Island Web logo

Surprise Gifts ~*Donna*~ Helgeson ~*Donna*~ eternity@con2.com A few days before Christmas, a teacher was receiving gifts from her pupils. The first gift came from little Billie, the florist's son. The teacher shook the package, held it overhead, and said, "I bet I know what it is . . . some flowers."

"That's right" Billie said, "but how did you know?" "Oh, just a wild guess," the teacher said.

The next pupil in line was Susie, the candy store owner's daughter. The teacher held her gift overhead, shook it and said, "I bet I can guess what it is . . . it is a box of candy."

"That's right, but how did you know? "asked Susie. "Oh, just a wild guess," the teacher said.

The next gift was from the Wayne, the son of the local liquor store owner, now a contented member of the Dull Men’s Club. The teacher held Wayne’s gift over her head, but it was leaking. She touched a drop of the leakage with her finger and touched it to her tongue. "Is it wine?" she asked.

"No," Wayne replied, obviously delighted that he was the first student to at least temporarily defy the teacher's apparent insight.

The teacher repeated the process, putting another on her tongue. "Is it champagne?" she asked.

Clearly delighted, Wayne answered, "no." Once again, the teacher had a taste, then finally said, "I give up, what is it?"

Wayne enthusiastically replied, "It's a puppy!"

~*Donna*~

Staten Island Web® Forums Index.