Excerpts from the "Annals of Staten Island" by J.J. Clute:
Edward Bement was elected a trustee of the Calvary Presbyterian Church on Sept. 19, 1872.
The lot of land upon which the church edifice is built was donated by the estate of the late Mr. Edward Bement.
The dedicatory services were held in the chapel on the corner of Castleton and Bement Avenues on November 17, 1872.
Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.