Staten Island Web logo

I think the best comedy movie I ever saw was "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". I saw that in the movies and everybody who was anybody at the time was in it! Sid Caesar,(sp?), Jimmy Durante, Doris Day, the Three Stooges, Ethel Merman ("These things happen! You know why these things happen? Because every time these things happen, people say, THESE THINGS HAPPEN!!), Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett, Mickey Rooney, Don Knotts, Peter Falk, Jack Benny, Joe Flynn, Jim Backus, Spencer Tracy, Jonathen Winters, Terry Thomas, and on and on. Can you imagine today what stars would be in a remake of this classic movie? I would love to see a remake if it could be done with the same class of comedy as it was done then-good clean fun! Don't get me wrong-I am not a good clean fun type of guy, but in this case I make an exception!
I also would make a case for "Goodfellas". Also one of my favorites. And just for the fun of it, I would add "Brubaker"-a Robert Redford movie that is one of the most brutal prison movies ever made.

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.