Staten Island Web logo

I was raised on Woodrow Rd in this glorious Greek Revival in the 60's (we actually had a farm) and have suffered recurring dreams about the place since the Woodstock Methodist church bought it and tore it down in the 70's. There were tunnels long ago covered up underneath it where cracks and holes in the basement floor allowed air to escape and create a strong wind where I played with tissues and other magical floating papers as my grandmother fed the huge coal furnace. I would like to compile info about the place but sadly have not find any. The tunnels had been a route for excaped slaves to seek refuge in this safe house, built by this capt Cole.I am now 42 and live near Woodstock NY-Ashokan Reservoir. My 18 y/o son was recently killed on Arbutus Ave, but I keep strong and have now at 42y/o enrolled full time in college. I wonder often about childhood friends from Richmondtown. I would like to obtain Yearbooks from Susan Wagner High School for 1974 & 1975. Please feel free to email me w/any information or just to say howdy!-Debra (Holman)Romano

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.