Staten Island Web logo

I gotta' put two cents in here. Been reading it, half amused and half astounded as people called each other names. I'm not here to do that. Merely make an observation. I'm a month away from my 60th birthday, so I feel qualified to do so. Shortly after my 30th birthday, I found myself divorced and on the dating circuit. I was 'available' for 5 years. The majority of women I dated were in similar circumstances. Divorced or widowed with kids. I met some kids that were great and some that were downright awful. Some that were actually lying sneaks. Always as interest grew in the woman, I had to consider - Would I want to be a step-dad to these kids. Sometimes I had to realize the answer was a resounding NO. And it did affect my attraction to the woman in the long run. I'm sure the women looked at me and my kids similarly also. My wife and I are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and rightly or otherwise, I'm sure the original upbringing of our kids had a lot to do with our mutual decision to become life partners as well as making it worthwhile to stick it out through the ups & downs everyone faces. How your kids behave has a hell of a lot to do with how other people perceive you.

Charliej

Staten Island WebŪ Forums Index.